Do you want to start your own podcast but you …
- don’t know where to start?
- worried about the technology?
- unsure of what kit you need?
- just keep putting it off?
- are wondering why anyone would want to listen to you?
- thinking that it’s probably already been done?
In this course we will cover:
- What every podcast needs – the basics you need to put in place for your podcast
- What your podcast will be about
- Format and frequency (and why you want to think about this now!)
- Recording a podcast – tools and software
- Promoting your podcast
- have tried your hand at recording
- understand the different pieces of the podcast puzzle
- have gained clarity on your podcast concept
- know how to promote your podcast.
13th January 2020
TBC, near Ascot
14, 21 and 28 January 2020 – 6pm
Online – 3 x 2 hour interactive sessions
Woodhaven Inspirational Space, Woking
Dog & Hair, Grayshott
VIP tickets include the course plus a profile for you and your podcast on my podcast - Bridging Gaps - The Business Podcast. There are a limited number of VIP tickets available.
For a long time, I had a desire to be a voiceover artist but I never felt ready to start pursuing it. When I started my own business, I went on a local radio station in late 2017 and it reminded me of my interest in using my voice in some way. Podcasts were already beginning their resurgence so in early 2018 I decided to start my own podcast.
Starting my own podcast provided a whole new set of challenges – I did it all myself – researching online and through trial and error. I loved it!
Later that summer, I was asked if I had considered helping others to start their own podcasts – I hadn’t! This started me off setting up an online course. I was developing other products but hesitating to release them. Like many of us, I was hit by Imposter Syndrome – questioning if I really knew enough to take people on this journey. I participated in a podcasting session run by a well known successful podcaster and entrepreneur. I realised that, not only did I know all of the things he was talking about but, I also knew, categorically, when he made one particular statement – that he was wrong. Imposter Syndrome vanquished!
In January 2019, I fully launched the Podcast Launcher and Podcast Concierge. Providing a range of services to meet each individuals needs.
Podcasting brings together many of the skills I have gained over my previous business career and add in my love of technology, planning and talking.